In this episode, Kevin had the opportunity to talk with Hasna Bergwall, the co-founder of the WeCroak app that encourages people to lead happier lives by thinking about death, five times a day.
Some of the significant points discussed in this episode are laid out as follows:
- WeCroak is a smartphone app based on the Bhutanese principle that to live a happy life; one must meditate on one’s own death five times a day
- Because after all, we’re all going to die. No one gets out of this alive.
- Life is short and precious, and rare and special, and we want to use it well.
- They mentioned what they love about death; it is universal because we’re all going to die.
- A quote about death from Epictetus, “I cannot escape death, but at least I can escape the fear of it.”
- One of the things, both Buddhism and stoicism is an absolute agreement on the danger of anger, just like creating delusion
Please Rate and Review Us in Apple Podcasts!