In Memory of Chadwick Boseman, a Modern Stoic: Following Your Daemon, Genius, and Passions Despite Challenges
Kevin discusses the recent passing of actor Chadwick Boseman and how the way he lived the last few years of his life – acting in movies such as Black Panther, [Thurgood] Marshall, Message from the King – despite facing a terminal illness, is in essence, what it means to live as a stoic.
Kevin also discusses the ancient Greek/Roman concept of a daemon, and how we can become aware and make the most of our daemon’s gifts, inspiration, and power to create our art in this life.
- Kevin discuss the origin of the word Gene and what comes out of it
- Kevin speaks about sexual energy and how to re direct it through creating Art
- Our relationship to the calling of ambition and drive
- How can we extract joy through this concept?
- Kevin mentions the death of Actor Chadwick Boseman and his fight with Cancer
- Will we still fight for opportunities if we have such life threatening disease?
- Kevin discuss the relation between happiness and being busy with achieving your ambitions
- Happiness can come out of the simplest forms of Arts like making your favorite cup of coffee
- We have to take actions towards our goals
- We are part of the universe…we can be our own guide in life
- We cant control what’s happening around us but we have a choice how to respond
- Tim Ferris Show: Chuck Palahniuk – Kevin discusses the book, The Gift, referenced in the show regarding daemons
- On the care and feeding of daemons and muses – Kevin read exercpts regarding how daemons were viewed in ancient Greece/Rome