Kevin had the pleasure of interviewing Chapin Kreuter, a world-traveling surfing instructor and entrepreneur who spends most of his time in Nicaragua. They discuss Chapin’s podcast, Misfits and Rejects, getting into how Chapin got his inspiration to interview quirky and interesting characters while traveling the world, from former drug smugglers to business marketing gurus. Chapin also opens up about some of the struggles he’s encountered with podcasting, including realizing not long ago that his audience was much smaller than he had previously believed and how he’s working to better deliver what his audience is truly seeking from him.
- Kevin and Chapin talks about the life of running a weekly podcast.
- Chapin talks about the feedback he received about how his voice sounds good and professional.
- Chapin talks about how his shows started through sponsorship t shirts over his podcast.
- Chapin talks about his favorite podcast categories and giving an example of a drug smuggler with a lot of interesting stories.
- Chapin prefers to interview unknown people with never heard before stories than interviewing famous people with repeated stories.
- Kevin and Chapin talk about how their favorite topics are not always interesting for the audience as it is for themselves.
- Kevin and Chapin talk about how some people prefer to work from home or as freelancers and don’t find it necessary to be at the office.
- Chapin talks about how he always wanted to be open to the world, explore more and blending in socially.
- Chapin talks about his side business and how it influences the show.
- Kevin and Chapin speak about making your podcast successful and some of the tools and platforms they use.
Learn more about Chapin Kreuter
Please Rate and Review Us in Apple Podcasts!