In this episode, Steve and Kevin discuss how to get out of a job you hate, whether it’s better to do work that you love vs. work that’s lucrative, Steve’s move to China, narcissist parents, and more!
- Choosing a meaningful career
- Should you do what pays the bills or do what you love for work?
- Breaking from the corporate prison
- The trap of believing there is somewhere better than here
- Dr. Suess – Oh the Places You’ll Go
- The resistance to doing a job you hate vs taking responsibility
- Steve tells the story of quitting his terrible sales job in LA and moving to China
- Steve does the Work of Byron Katie to break free from his boss
- Steve realizes the effects on children who grow up with narcisistic parents
- The dangers of being a people pleaser
- Kevin’s childhood experiences with adults that were not emotionally available
- Gabor Mate and Russell Brand discuss parenting
- Giving space to children while they are upset or frustrated
- Importance of staying conscious then during childhood outbursts or meltdowns
- How do reconcile acknowledging trauma in childhood with the Work of Byron Katie
- We don’t know for 100% certainty that we actually have the parents that we thought we had at all, or even that this life is real
- The positive thinking movement versus The Work of Byron Katie
- The importance of absolute integrity within
- Being weary of false Instagram coaches and online experts who pretend to be more successful than they are
- Following/finding an authentic guru
- Luckin Coffee in China
Please Rate and Review Us in Apple Podcasts!